Mariana Ingold is a composer, instrumentalist, singer and teacher belonging to the movement of Uruguayan Music, Mariana has been active as an artist since 1977 in Uruguay and internationally.
Mariana has recorded dozens of records of songs, music for
children and instrumental music. She has composed music for
theatre presentations as well as for many educational
videos of Uruguay, Brazil, the United States and Spain,
receiving various prizes in recognition of her work.
Well known in her country for her involvement with
environmental organizations, Mariana has the honor to be
the godmother of OCC (Organization of Conservation of the
cetaceans (whales and dolphins) of the South Atlantic and
the River de la Plata).
She has made a recording of her children songs ("El Planeta
Sonoro"), for the benefit of Aldeas Infantiles SOS, the
international orphans organization.
Mariana is also the creator of healing spaces through
individual and group singing ("Sonando y Sanando",
"Afinando el Instrumento"). She has done workshops for
actors, dancers, therapists, musicians and educators, as
much in Uruguay as in Spain. She also has created many
educational music programs for children.
She has also worked as musical producer for the first cd of
ceremonial songs of the Shuar Indians, descendants of the
Jibaros of the Ecuatorial Amazonia, interpreted by Medicine
men. This recording has been for the benefit of their
Her work has also included musicological exploration of
Afro-Uruguayan music, Afro-Brazilian music, Afro-Cuban
music, the sacred music of the the native Americans , and
the sacred music of India.
She also has coordinated healing workshops through laughter
called "The Laughter of Being" and "The Sacred Laughter".
For the last two years she has been travelling around the
world interviewing artists, teachers, therapists and common
people for a non-profit documentary called "Tuning the
Instrument". Up until now this documentary has been filmed
in India, France, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay and Brazil.
Nowadays, she is recording with Kit Walker, two
albums at the same time. The fusion with this amazing
keyboard player, composer and producer, is, in her own
words, the prize for being "silent" for some years,
looking for a new music that would awake in people the
feeling of being themselves.
* First prize "Singing in Family" , 1978 for Uruguayan TV.
* Fabini Prize for best composer of music for children
* Best Arranger of music for Carnival, for her work with
* Best song of Carnival Contrafarsa
* Florencio Prize for best music for children's theater for
the production "¿Será Imposible?"
* Florencio Prize for best music for children's theater for
the production "Sonando en Montevideo"
* Florencio Prize for best play for children, based on her
songs, called "Adivina"
* Best Latin song representing Latin America in the
festival "Lo Zecchino d'Oro" in Italy.
* Her video clip "Llamando" was chosen to represent Uruguay
in the World Fair in Seville, 1992.
* In 2003 her song "Al Tiempo" represented Latin America
again at the festival "Lo Zecchino d'Oro", in Italy.
* Platinum Record for her recording "El Planeta Sonoro" for
Aldeas Infantiles SOS, the international orphans
compositions have been recorded by:
Cincunegui, Magdalena Fleitas, Susana Ratcliff (Argentina),
Jorginho do Trumpete (Brazil), L'Antoniano di Bologna
(Italy), Sara Hjáltested (Iceland), Latin Lover (Sweden),
Rúben Rada, La Botija's Band, Lágrima Ríos, Cristina
Fernández and Washington Carrasco, Delanuka, Las Tres, Coco
Fernández, Patakín, Gustavo Ripa, Liese Lange, La Otra,
different carnival groups like Murga Falta y Resto,
Curtidores de Hongos, Contrafarsa and La Gran Muñeca, among
others (Uruguay), the Choir of the University of Rio de
Janeiro, GM Choir of Los Angeles, Choir of the University
of Uruguay, among others. The Upsala Choir of Uruguay has
recorded all the songs of Mariana's CD "El Gran Misterio".
* La Caja de Pandora, Imágenes, 1991 (the difference of
gender in education)
* Cuántas veces más, Imágenes, 1993 (Domestic violence)
(translated to English and Portuguese)
* Los 8 Objetivos del Milenio, Famsi, Spain, 2007
She has brought her music to various continents, sharing
the stage with: Joao Gilberto, Chico Buarque, Fito Páez,
Clark Terry, James Moody, Leny Andrade, Alcione, Kit
Walker, Paquito d'Rivera and Dave Samuels, among others.
Bands she has been a member of:
Eduardo Mateo, Leo Maslíah, Rúben Rada, Hugo Fattoruso,
Eduardo Darnauchans and Fernando Cabrera, among others, as
well as Travesía and Las Tres, her own groups. She
has been a special guest of carnival groups like Comparsa
Sarabanda and Murga Contrafarsa.
she has recorded with (on more
than 100 CD's):
Eduardo Mateo, Leo Maslíah, Fernando Cabrera, Jaime Roos,
Daniel Viglietti, Rúben Rada, Osvaldo and Hugo Fattoruso,
Eduardo Darnauchans, Larbanois-Carrero, Mauricio Ubal,
Jorge Schellemberg, Jorge Galemire, Jorge Lazaroff, Rúben
Olivera, Lágrima Ríos, Washington Carrasco and
Cristina Fernández among others (Uruguay), as well as
Tim Rescala (Brasil), Fino Bingert and Latin Lover
(Sweden), Litto Nebbia and Quintino Cinelli (Argentina) and
Carmen París (Spain).
* Ni un minuto más de dolor, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1983
* Comenzar de nuevo (ensalada), Orfeo, Uruguay, 1984
* Adempu canta (ensalada), RCA, Uruguay, 1984
* Hasta Siempre (ensalada), Ayuí, Uruguay, 1985
* Todo Depende, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1986
* Siete Solistas (ensalada), Ayuí, Uruguay, 1988
* Mariana Ingold canta a Leo Maslíah, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1988
* Cambio de Clima, Orfeo, Uruguay/Melopea, Argentina, 1989
* Fue Ayer (Antología), Ayuí/Posdata, 1999
* El Gran Misterio, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1999
* Esperando Salir (ensalada), composiciones de los internos
* El Planeta Sonoro, a beneficio de Aldeas Infantiles SOS,
* En vivo en la Barraca (ensalada), Orfeo, Uruguay, 1989
* El Disco Kid, Ayuí, Uruguay/Melopea, Argentina, 1990
* Haace Calor, Orfeo, Uruguay, 1991
* La Penúltima Musicación (homenaje a Mateo), Orfeo,
* Candombe en el Tiempo, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1994
* La Carpeta Azul (homenaje a Mateo), Ayuí, Uruguay, 1994
* Será Imposible?, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1995
* Arrancandonga, Ayuí, Uruguay, 1996
TÁ trio (with LEONARDO AMUEDO and OSVALDO
* TÁ, Melopea, Argentina, 1992
* TÁ, Vol II, Melopea, Argentina, 2008
* Suelta, to be released in 2011
Out of Time,
to be released in 2011